It is that time again for the 2017-2018 SRB nominations! Please nominate ASID student member(s) from your school chapter that you feel would be a perfect candidate for this important educational position. This is a great opportunity for students to meet new professionals and work with an organization that promotes the profession of Interior Design. Nominations should include students that possess the following attributes:
- Show a true interest in the organization and have leadership potential.
- Must be a member of the school chapter and entering the school year as an upperclassman.
- Must be a responsible, conscientious student with good organizational and communication skills.
Note: Student chapter presidents, faculty advisors, or chapter board members can nominate for this position. Students that qualify may also independently submit their application to the Board of Directors for consideration. Student members may not serve simultaneously in more than one elected position. Deadline for chapter board to appoint SRB is March 25, 2017 and will begin service on October 1, 2017. Please view SRB Selection Process Guidelines for additional information. Want more information? Download the job description to view the full SRB job description.
Candidates must submit the following:
- Letter clearly stating their potential, contributions, and responsibilities concerning their participation in being the school membership at large liaison to the Board.
- Detailed resume
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor, employer, or instructor.
- ASID South Central Chapter Application (sign and scan before emailing)
- ASID South Central Questionnaire
Please submit your nominations to me via email as soon as possible, and no later than March 9, 2017.
The South Central Chapter Board will select applicants for interviews. Candidates will be notified with an interview time by Monday, March 20th. Interviews will be held Thursday, March 23, 2017 at the South Central Chapter Board Meeting in Starkville, MS. Applicants may interview by phone or skype/facetime if they are unable to attend the interview in Starkville, MS. I look forward to hearing from you and passing down the position to the incoming SRB. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Haley Austin directly.
Student Representative to the Board, South Central Chapter of ASID