Excellence in Design Awards
2020 EXCELLENCE IN DESIGN COMPETITION
Call for Entries
Registration Open From:
2020 OFFICIAL RULES OF COMPETITION (“Official Rules”)
The 2020 Excellence in Design Competition (“Competition”) is sponsored by the South Central Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (“Chapter”). By entering Competition, You – the Entrant - represent and warrant that you have read, understand and agree to these official rules including but not limited to, the (1) competition rules, regulations & eligibility guidelines and (2) competition entrant terms and conditions, indemnification requirements and release as set forth below. These Official Rules will form a binding agreement between the Chapter and the Entrant.
COMPETITION RULES, REGULATIONS & ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
- Call for entries and registration period: 11/27/2019 at 12:00am CST – 02/14/2020 at 11:59pm CST.
- Competition period: 11/27/2019 at 12:00am CST – 02/16/2020 at 11:59pm CST
- Judging period: 02/18/2020 – 03/3/2020
- Cost per entry during during early bird registration: $100 for first entry, $75.00 for each additional entry: 11/27/2019 – 12/20/2019
- Cost per entry after early bird registration: $125 for first entry, $100.00 for each additional entry: 12/21/2019 - 02/14/2020
- If all entry information is not completed by the deadline, at 11:59 PM CST, 02/16/2020, the project will not be entered in to the Competition.
- The Excellence in Design Gala is scheduled for April 18, 2020, in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Entry fees are not refundable
- Entrants must provide and submit the following information with each entry:
- Brief design concept, description of challenges, designer’s scope of work, etc.
- Floor plans and/or schematics, perspectives and details to scale with scale noted in pdf format (minimum of 1, maximum of 6)
- After photos (Minimum of 2; Maximum of 15) in jpeg formation 300 dpi: maximum file size of 10MB
- Before photos (optional), maximum of 10 in jpeg formation 300 dpi: maximum file size of 10MB
- Square footage of project entry
- Photographer’s name/firm (professional photography is recommended)
- List of Industry Partners utilized for the project
- All ASID members of the South Central Chapter in good standing and who are eighteen years old or older may participate. If the Entrant is employed by a firm or member of a team, he/she must be the primary interior designer on record for the project.
- Entrant(s) must be the lead designer on the project to be submitted. This means that no other designer(s), architect(s), builder(s) can claim this project as their own. Retail stores and Franchises are permitted only if the Entrant(s) is the lead designer(s) of the original concept.
- Only space(s) and images that have not previously won an ASID Design Excellence Award are eligible. However, non-winning entries qualifying for the time frame requirement below may be resubmitted.
- All entries must be actual installations completed after January 1, 2017
- A project may not have more than two (2) entries in any category. Any project exceeding two (2) entries will have only the first two counted. All others will be disqualified and no refund will be given.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
- Entrant is not a member in good standing as per ASID National’s guidelines at time of payment for entry
- Information identifying Entrant’s name, design firm, architect or any other collaborating party appears in description, images or on drawings
- If any other designer, architect or builder challenges the Entrant’s ownership of the design, the project will be investigated by the Chapter. If evidence shows the Entrant is not the lead designer, the award will be rescinded.
- Submission of Entries not including floor plans to scale with scale noted
- Submission of winning Entries and images from past South Central Chapter Design Excellence Award competitions
- Submission of Entry into the wrong category
- Entrant’s failure to abide by these Official Rules
Announcing 2019 Excellence in Design Awards WINNERS!
CONGRATS TO ALL OUR WINNERS!